HERE IS HOW TO PLAN AND MAKE A SUCCESS OF YOUR MOVE
DÉMÉNAGEMENT MONTRÉAL provides you with a complete practical list to plan a successful move. Do not forget that each step is crucial, whether it is before moving or during the move, this list is important and we share it with you. Also, don’t hesitate to contact a member of our qualified team with over 15 years of experience to answer your questions. Organizing a move well to have peace of mind is our mission.
- BEFORE MOVING – once your moving date is determined
- Proceed with the transfer of services: cable TV service, electricity and arrange for connection to the new address.
- Sort out: there’s no point in packing things that you’ll get rid of once you’ve moved. Donate, recycle, throw away.
- Make your reservations in advance: trucks, movers, friends, etc.
- Reserve the elevator: many apartment buildings have fines for moving unexpectedly.
- Enroll children in their new school.
- Determine who will look after pets during the move
- Gather last and first night’s essentials in a cardboard box, such as sheets, pillows, medications and toiletries.
SOME PACKING TIPS FOR PLANNING A MOVE
- Our experience allows us to give you good advice on how to organize a move.
- Use towels and washcloths to wrap fragile items.
- Tie up bulky items: curtain poles, brooms, blinds.
- Label boxes on the sides of the box – clearly write what room they are going in.
- Put the screws from each piece of furniture you disassembled in a bag marked for that purpose.
- Identify each wire such as; cable, televisions, game consoles, stereos.
- Get the necessary equipment: 2 cubic foot and 4 cubic foot cardboard boxes, 3 inch tape, white packing paper, labels and a black pencil.
- In addition, on the big day of your move, DÉMÉNAGEMENTS MONTRÉAL offers you these tips to make sure you plan a successful move.
- Go through the rooms before you leave to make sure you don’t forget anything.
- Sweep up and take out the garbage, out of respect for the newcomers.
- Move fragile items into your car instead of the truck.
- Prepare a box of items to keep on hand: toilet paper, paper towels, snacks, band-aids.
- Take care of your health! And hire professional movers.
CALL ON OUR MOVING EXPERTS WHO ARE MEMBERS OF THE UNITED VAN LINES NETWORK TO ENSURE QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE WITH HIGH INDUSTRY STANDARDS.