Choosing your mover, a crucial step!
You are planning to move soon and you are starting the search for a moving company? Indeed, there are several moving companies and it is difficult to make the right choice. Most of the time, a move is often a source of stress and choosing the right mover is very important. First, a good mover is respectful and professional. And finally, transparent in terms of your expectations and the estimate. Here are some tips to help you on choosing your mover.
- Make a list of all the relevant information to provide to the moving company. Furthermore, be clear and precise and you will get the best price. Therefore, note the date of your move, addresses (departure and arrival), presence of stairs, elevators to reserve, heavy furniture etc. Make an inventory!
- Make a first choice of 3 to 5 companies in your area. Don’t forget that movers charge for travel, so this can add a lot to the bill!
- Make sure the companies are certified or members of United Van Lines.
- Check out customer reviews on Google and Facebook. But keep in mind that some reviews turn out to be fake and can come from people with bad intentions or the competition. This business is particularly competitive.
- Make a list of key questions to ask before moving on to the second selection of the company. Tel, cargo insurance? What is included, wardrobe boxes, covers etc.?
- If you wish, ask for a site visit to get the right price.
- Ask for a detailed estimate.
- Make sure your mover has cargo insurance! If not, move on to the next one, it could save you headaches in case of a breakage. Customer service is as important as the move itself.
Use a company like Movers Montreal, which is part of the United Van Lines group and has a solid CARGO insurance and move with peace of mind!